Im Chelsea, and this is my first ever big, bad, scary, breaking the ice blog post.. and the only reason I have decided to start this blog is because my eyes have recently been opened to some beauty wonders and tricks of the trade that I want to share with everyone!
In December 2016 I started a new job as a beauty retail manager, in a Leeds department store. I already had a huge passion for beauty, but since being in my role I have had the opportunity to try so many great products, and pick up some tips and tricks along the way. So I thought, why not write about it and share these tidbits with anyone who wants to know!
Im hoping to post a mix of reviews, product comparisons, how to’s and maybe the odd tutorial. As well as some lifestyle and travel post, depending on where the mood takes me it might end up a bit of a mishmash of topics but hopefully you will enjoy reading, just as much as I enjoy writing.
Just to make this whole intro a bit less awkward, I thought I would just answer some basic ‘getting to know you’ questions, so hopefully we can move on to the good stuff!
- Do you have any brothers or sisters? I have an older sister on my dads side, and a younger brother and sister
- How do you spend your free time? I spend free time with friends, going out to eat/drink, horse riding, at the gym, making Jack take me to dogs trust, with family, going for walks and being a slob at home with my chihuahua Prince
- What was your favorite subject in school? My favorite was Art, Photography, Media, Drama and PE
- What’s one of the scariest things you’ve ever done? When I went traveling, my
friend Megan and I decided it would be a fantastic idea to climb a mountain/cliff side in Vietnam – in sandals, carrying my phone/camera/various other ridiculous items and I can genuinely say there was a moment on the way back down that I thought I might fall and die! BE MORE PREPARED CHLSEA!
- What’s something most people don’t know about you? I banged my nose/face a few times as I’m super clumsy , which gave me a bump on my nose.. I suspect a build up of cartilage? So I have filler in my nose to straighten it out. I don’t keep this a secret by any means, and all my close friends and family about it, but I’m pretty sure most people are unaware!
- How did you meet your spouse / girlfriend / boyfriend? Jack fell on me drunk in abar we both go to very often, and when we got to know each other more it turns out we have been running in similar circles for YEARS, but had never met each other until then
- What’s your favorite color? I like neutrals, I mostly wear black or white, I love grays, baby pink and eggshell blue in home decor, coppers.. neutrals or gold glitter for nails.. you see how this is going right?
- What’s your favorite food? Chorizo on anything, mac and cheese, pizza, sushi, avocado on toast, spicy chicken fried rice, chicken nuggets.. all the bad stuff ! I absolutely adore food
- What are some of your favorite movies? Everytime I talk about this I think of more films I love as people give theirs, I’m not very good at thinking about these things off the top of my head.. but ones that always stick around are The Proposal (especially if I’m poorly), Wolf of Wall Street, Step Brothers, How to lose a guy in 10 days, Love Actually, Bridget Jones and Clueless (am I a basic bitch?)
- What are the things that make you really happy? My friends, my family, animals, food, highlighter
- Are you a religious person? I am not personally but I love talking to people who are and finding out about their religion and their religious practices
- What are some of your major goals in life? I would love to do something great like Kilimanjaro, but mostly my goal is to be happy, see the world, be nice to people and always know i gave everything my all. I would also love to own a dog kennel/shelter one day but thats a big, big dream.
- What’s your favorite drink? TEA (and Aperol Spritz)
- What do you wish you knew more about? I really wish I had tried harder in languages at school, even now I remember finding it so difficult but I would love to be fluent in a different language
- What’s something you like to do the old-fashioned way? Camping! Each to their own, whatever you are happy doing that is absolutely fine with me – you do you girl, but on a recent camping trip the next tent along had an electrical hook up complete with tv, kettle, heater, lamp and more. They tried to convince us that we should also do it that way, but for me personally, unless I am going glamping, I am more than happy doing camping the old fashioned way with our little stove and tin kettle!
- What have you only recently formed an opinion about? Electrical hook ups when camping! I honestly didn’t know it was a thing..
- What are you interested in that most people haven’t heard of? Barrel horse racing, I’ve become a bit fascinated with the speed and agility of these horses in such a short space of time, however I am concerned about the welfare of the horses competing. Does anyone know anything about this?
- How do you relax after a hard day of work? Get in, makeup off, face mask on, someone has cooked me dinner, glass of red or a beer, kardashians/first dates!
- What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home? Bali
- What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen? This probably isn’t the most, and it isn’t even in person, but definitely the one that I can remember! A video that was circulating Facebook of a social experiment with two huskies tied up in New York, with a sign saying they had no home and needed looking after. For hours the public walking past ignored them, some took photos and then walked on, a man spat near one – the only person to give them some love, attention, and even went to buy them some food was a man who was homeless himself.. I was sobbing!
- What piece of entertainment do you wish you could erase from your mind so that you could experience for the first time again? Bongos Bingo, look it up!
- If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have? Dog shelter assistant
- What city would you most like to live in? Los Angeles, I just feel at home there.. Im sure everyone does!
- As you get older, what are you becoming more and more afraid of? Heights, I used to be absolutely fine with them but now I am getting a bit more wobbly! I’m fine in a high building looking out of a window or something, but on a high narrow bridge at Go Ape I’m 100% consider crawling!
- What’s something you are self-conscious about? On a side profile I literally have no jaw line, and I carry a lot of my weight on the top of my arms.. annoying!
Right then, I think thats me!
Please, please comment below if you have any more questions, why don’t you answer some of the questions above so I can get to know you too? Do you want me to elaborate on anything else? Let me know if you can relate to any of my answers in the questionnaire or want a chat about anything!
Love, Chelsea xx