This has been a loooooong time coming! I’ve been thinking of trying the Rosewater spray literally since I first saw it! But I thought… do I really need it? I never really feel like my skin gets very dry, especially throughout the day, and definitely not so much that I would need a fancy spray in my bag to refresh my face. Oh, how wrong I was.
I felt like this was the type of product that unless you’re suffering badly with dry skin throughout the day, you wouldn’t really need it. But now I’ve tried it, I can’t live without it! You can use it in SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS, but it can be a little confusing, you see, it hydrates but it isn’t a moisturiser, and it tones… but it isn’t a toner.
It can’t replace another product in your skin care routine really, so here are a few of the ways you CAN use this clever little formula;
- FACE – To hydrate
- FACE – As a setting spray or to make your complexion look nice and radiant after applying makeup (especially good if you set your face using powders)
- FACE – Spray it on your beauty blender/sponge/brush to apply your foundation for a nice dewy finish
- FACE – Spray it on your brushes when using eyeshadow, it makes the pigments so much stronger!
- BODY – Amazing to spray on your body if you’re out in the sun and your skin starts feeling like it needs a hydrating boost
- BODY – As soon as you get out of the shower to relieve the tight feeling your skin can sometimes get – especially legs!
- BODY – After moisturising to lock in moisture
- HAIR – Im not crazy I promise! It says on the bottle you can use it on your hair and this is totally true! If you have dry, brittle hair, or dry curls, this is the perfect pick-me-up! Spritz on your hair to give it a bit of hydration and shine. I wouldn’t recommend using the anywhere near the roots – just the ends. Another great way to use this, if you’re planning on a full day of sunbathing it will keep your hair from getting frazzled.
Truthfully, I usually hate products or perfume that are rose scented, but this one is really light and not at all offensive. When you spray it onto your face you can smell the rose until it settles and then there is no trace of the scent at all – perfect!
I find myself just picking my bottle up and giving my face a spray randomly throughout the day when I just want to feel a bit refreshed. If you’ve seen this product and have debated getting it – do! You wont regret it. BEWARE: Although this is fab to spray on top of your make-up, make sure you don’t use too much otherwise it can make you look more oily than dewy.
This is what Mario Badescu say about their Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater spray…
Revitalize skin with dewy radiance. Whether spritzed for a hydrating boost or mid-day pick-me-up, our cult-favorite facial spray helps revive dehydrated skin anytime, anywhere. It’s a rejuvenating mist infused with herbal and botanical extracts (like Aloe Vera, Gardenia, Rose, Bladderwrack and Thyme) that help soothe and re-energize skin—giving it a healthy, radiant glow
#MBSKINTIP: To give your makeup a dewy finish, spritz your favorite brush or sponge before blending in foundation or concealer. Once you’re done, mist your face as a final step to add radiance. For an extra refreshing and cooling boost, store the bottle in your refrigerator.
Mist onto face, neck, or hair as needed. Use it to infuse more hydration before or after applying moisturizer, as a pick-me-up on the go, or post-makeup application to give skin a dewy finish.